Food Bank Rescue and Shelter Me Program
The biggest expense a rescue and shelter has is feeding the animals under their care. By donating pet food to The Furry Friends Food Bank you are helping us with our mission of providing local shelters and rescues with much needed pet food.
- We carefully vet local shelters and rescues. You can trust that the food you donate is going to a responsible and upstanding rescue and shelter.
- We provide them with deeply discounted/and/or free pet food
- We help free up their expenses which in turn means they can help out more animals
It is our goal also for animals not to end up in shelters and rescues in the first place due to owners not being able to afford to keep them.
- We are the last line of defense between an animal going from a loving home to a shelter or rescue
- If a person surrenders a pet to a rescue or shelter because they cannot afford to feed them–they instead will be referred to The Furry Friends Food Bank and we will make it our goal for that person to keep their pets by providing them with pet food while they are going through hard times.
- The Furry Friends Food Bank will be the main referral source in Central Jersey and the Jersey Shore for referrals from rescues and rescues of individuals who need assistance providing pet food to their pets.